Monday, October 6, 2014

Feeding my boyz

Many years ago, after a pregnancy which resulted in the loss of a daughter, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure.  Since then, I have tried to adjust the diet of my family so that we can all eat together.  This has not been an easy task.  My husband is a southern food addict, loving mushy green beans and red meat.  My boys, needless to say, take after him.  And here comes mom, loaded with fruits and vegetables, chicken and fish - yikes!  Not to mention the meatless meals, those always go over so well in this family, haha!!  "Honey, where's the rest of the meal?"

One of the many changes that I have tried to keep going, is having salmon once a week.  No one in the house likes it except for me and the wee one, who is 3 now.  And he dips his in so much ranch dressing I'm not sure if he is getting the nutritional stuff from it or canceling it out with the ranch.  :)

So anyways, I am looking for some good salmon recipes!  I am trying my best to make this as painless as possible on my family and I'm hoping that my readers can help me.  I have a recipe that I pulled from one of my mom's cookbooks that we are trying this evening, Salmon with ginger Marinade.  I will have to let everyone know how that comes out.  The marinade smells delicious, so hopefully that is a good sign.

If you have a recipe to share, just leave it in the comments.  I can't wait to try some new ways to cook our salmon!!!

Until next time,
Gail

1 comment:

  1. We tried the Salmon with Ginger Marinade recipe, it did not go over very well. :( I was soooo hopeful on this one too. I know that ginger has so many great nutritive properties, but we are going to have to keep on looking.

    ReplyDelete